A huge thanks to our sponsors, volunteers, donors and everyone who came out to run in the pouring rain! Results are here
Thanks to The Bakery for the coffee, tea and muffins; Nathan MacWilliam of Running Room for 2 very much needed tents plus an extra timing clock; and Bonniebrook Industries for the portapotty where there are no washrooms for miles.
- 10k: $15 pre-registered, $20 day of race. BC Athletics members deduct $3.
- 3k: $10 per individual, $2 discount for age 12 and under; $20 per family (same household, parents and kids).
REGISTER ONLINE — closes 6pm on Friday March 7.
The only way to pre-register is online. Paper registration only accepted on race day.
Late Registration and Bib Pickup
- Race morning at the start from 8:30am until 9:15am. Arrive at least 10 minutes before closing time to avoid disappointment.
- Click here for paper entry form to bring to late registration. Speed up the registration process by filling it out neatly and completely before you arrive. Cheques payable to Sunshine Coast Athletics.
Start time: 9:30am
Please leave your DOGS and HEADPHONES at home. For safety reasons these are not allowed on course.
The course starts on Dusty Road about 1.5km past the Sechelt Landfill, at the first 4-way junction. The course follows the main road which heads west, then north. The turn-around at 5k is just past a waterfall, at the bottom of a little hill (the only hill on the route). Along the way you'll catch breathtaking views of Sechelt and Sechelt Inlet. The surface is smooth dirt on a full road width.
Route map and elevation on RunningAhead.com
The turnaround for the 3k event will be at the 1.5k mark.
The course is accurately measured with a Jones Counter. Every km and the turn-arounds will be clearly marked.
There will be water stations at 3.5k & 6.5k (1 station, both directions).
From Sechelt, head towards Porpoise Bay Park via Wharf Avenue and Sechelt Inlet Road. Look for the landfill sign on your right (Dusty Road), after the long straight 3-lane stretch.
Dusty Road is paved most of the way and dirt/gravel for the last km. There are some potholes and shallow gullies but most vehicles should have no problem if you drive slowly. There is room to park at the start and just south of it. Carpooling is recommended to maximize parking availability.
Results and Awards
The race will be timed with a hand-held professional printer-stopwatch and bib tear-offs. Display clock will be at the finish line.
IMPORTANT! to help us get accurate results:
- Wear your bib on your CHEST where it is clearly visible, and DO NOT PIN the bottom tear-off portion.
- STAY IN ORDER OF FINISH after crossing the line, until the volunteer takes your bib tear-off.
- ONLY those who are registered and wearing their race bib can cross the finish line. Everyone else must go around! (e.g. spectating friend, spouse, kids)
- Do NOT cross the finish line more than once.
Awards will be presented following the run. Awards to each M & F age group winner in Junior (19 and Under), Senior (20-39), and Masters (40+).
Baked goodies, fruit, water, and coffee/tea will be available at the finish.